Get your free consultation and professional trainings here.
The main objectives of Buy Smart+ are to consolidate and mainstream green procurement in 7 member states and to transfer the know-how to 8 member states where green procurement is still at an early stage. The main focus will be on energy related technologies.
Buy Smart+ will establish green procurement helpdesks in all 15 countries, delivering in national language consultation, training, good practice, and well-tested tools. The latter include technical guidelines on several product groups (criteria from the GPP toolkit, adapted to each member state), life cycle cost calculation tools, and training material. A wider uptake of green procurement will be achieved through directly consulting and training purchasers. Through assisting pilot projects, a critical mass of successful green procurement cases will be achieved and subsequently communicated broadly.
The major steps are:
- Green procurement helpdesks providing assistance, know-how and tools in national language
- Dedicated training offers in collaboration with national networks for the private and public sector
- Twinning approach for effective transfer of know-how to newer member states
- Assistance to green procurement pilot projects; addressing of innovative technologies in experienced countries
- Monitoring of the green procurement experiences; policy recommendations for the NEEAPs updates in June 2014
Buy Smart+ is supported by the program “Intelligent Energy Europe”.